A New "Twist" On Link SwapsWritten by Bob McElwain
Well, it may be an old "twist," actually. But I only began seeing it this year. Likely I've been sucked in before, and never noticed. But reason for bringing it up now, is that I was hit by this "twist" four times last month. It goes like this.
Somebody writes a very good message explaining they've added a link to my site. And would like me to link to them. I get lots of these every month, and discard most immediately because presentation demonstrates it wouldn't be a good idea. I don't even have to visit site to see it's so.
But these four, I did check out. For they were, as stated, well written. In each case, I found a very nicely annotated link to my site, just where I was invited to look.
Okay. Back to home page. Let's see if site looks okay. Yep. Not bad. At least some of my visitors would be interested. So sure, let's go for it.
"Put Your Web Biz on Autopilot with Autoresponders"Written by Merle
Anyone who has a web-based business will tell you that answering emails is one of most time consuming chores they face on a daily basis. After answering your emails for any length of time, you'll soon see that many of requests you receive are for same information over and over. Instead of typing same responses again and again you can streamline this process with use of autoresponders. Autoresponders work much in same way as fax on demand. They're pre-determined email responses that are triggered to go out automatically to specific email inquiries.
There are many ways you can use autoresponders in your online business. Here are my Top Ten:
1) FAQ (Frequently asked questions). How many times do you get questions on how your site or service works? Take them and answer them all in one text document.
2) Advertising Rates. If you sell ads in your ezine or on your website, set up a document containing your ad rates and demographic information.
3) Help Responses. For tech support on your site; you can make a list of possible problems with solutions along with a note that you'll be in touch soon. This can also be used for tech support with your software or e-books.
4) Copy of your Ezine. If you publish an ezine, make sure you have an issue people can request a copy of by autoresponder. Many times people like to see an issue before they subscribe. Make sure you include subscribe information inside as well.
5) Price Lists. If you sell products on your site, supply a comprehensive list of items with pricing.