Time management seems to be an issue in almost everyone's lives as there never seems to be enough time in day to complete all of day to day tasks. Whether you are a stay at home parent, a work at home parent or you work outside of home, I am sure that you could use a few more hours in your day.
Here are several time management tips that will help you to use those few precious hours that you do have wisely;
Get organized! - I can't stress this enough. This is first thing that absolutely needs to be done to improve your time management skills. Think about all of time that is wasted looking for things; looking for papers, phone numbers, supplies.....your desk top. · Use first 15 minutes of your morning to organize your work area. · Go over your "To Do" list and organize things needed to accomplish them.
2. Identify your most productive time - · You may be a morning person or an evening person. I do all of my most difficult tasks when I am fresh in morning. · Use your child's nap time or one hour of "TV time" for your kids to do your most difficult tasks.
3. Make your "To Do" list night before - · Know what you will accomplish next day. That way, you start out with a goal in mind first thing in morning rather than wandering around aimlessly. · Divide your "To Do" list into several page; one list for things to do tomorrow, this week, and one for things to do this month. As you accomplish these goals, cross them off. I write my monthly goals on my calendar.
4. Find more time in day - · Need an extra hour in day? Get up an hour early and have your first cup of coffee or tea sitting at computer going through your e-mails, answering your e-mails and posting to forums. I call these my "day wasters".
5. Schedule it and stick with it · Write one thing that you will accomplish on each day of week on your calendar. For instance, I file every Monday, do my on-line banking every Wednesday, update my web site on Friday......
6. Avoid big "day wasters" - · Forums, TV, surfing web, and talking on telephone are all huge "day waters" if not used properly. These are all great things, when used in moderation, but can become very addicting and you can seriously lose hours and hours of your day with all of them. · Limit your "day wasters" to morning hour of your day. This is a huge time management tip!
7. Household chores and house cleaning - · Clean one thing every day. Clean kitchen one day, vacuum one day, clean bathrooms one day..... Wash one load of cloths every day. · Load washer night before. Start load of cloths washing as you head to coffee pot first thing in morning. Dry load while you are doing your other household chores, then hang and put it away. One load is so much more manageable than three! · Make your bed and do dishes before you "go to work". Tidy night before so that you wake up to a neat house and are ready to start working.