One of surprising truths about marketing a product – a book, workbook, booklet, recording, etc. – is that most effective marketing begins before you even decide which product to create.
It’s easy to be successful if you remember ART of marketing:
A - Ask what your customers want
R - Review your strengths and interests
T - Tailor your product to capitalize on both
In this article, we'll take a look at what your customers want - to ensure that your product is one that will love, and purchase.
1 - What do you want to know?
In a nutshell, everything! Start learning what your customers want and need by asking questions like these:
• What’s biggest problem that you encounter in your business (life, family, etc.) on a daily basis?
• What one thing, if you could change it, would make biggest difference in your business (life, family, etc.)?
• What do you need to learn in order to do your job (increase balance in your life, etc.) better?
• Are there any books or publications that you’ve found particularly helpful?
• Of following topics, which most interest you? (List 10-12 topics you think might be of interest to your audience; ask them to choose their top three, and then add in any topic they’d like that you didn’t list)
And my two favorite questions:
• What keeps you awake at night?