Copyright© Trent Brownrigg http://www.home-business-team.com
I grant permission to publish this article, electronically or in print, as long as bylines are included, with a live link, and article is not changed in any way (grammatical corrections accepted).
7 Steps to an Online Home Based Business
Are you thinking about starting an online home based business from scratch but don’t really know how to get going? Well, then this article is for you! I have outlined seven steps to get your online home based business up and running in a matter of days, or even hours.
Here you go…
1) Defining Your Reasoning - The first thing you need to do is answer this question for yourself... why do you want to start an online home based business? Write down all reasons for why you want to start an online business. Here are a few of more common reasons: financial freedom, luxury vacations, more time with family, new car, new house, money for college, etc…
Once you have written down as many things as you can think of for why you want to start your own online home based business then pick best one that applies most to you. This is what you will use as your "reason" from now on. Now write this one reason on a separate piece of paper and post it everywhere you can, so you will see it many times per day. This will keep you driven and focused on your dreams.
2) Domain Name – Since you are starting an online home based business it is obviously very important that you create an online presence for yourself and your business. So a website is an absolute must have. The first thing you need to do before you start building your website is to register a domain name. One of best places for doing this is http://www.godaddy.com
So what should your domain name be? Well, I can't entirely answer that for you but I can tell you that you want to make sure that your domain name reflects what your business is. Too many people use their names, some "cute" name, or some other irrelevant domain… do not do that unless it actually is reflective of your home based business!
3) Choosing a Web Host - If you don't have a way to host your domain/website, you won't be able to proceed with your online home based business. Yes, this is a very important step!
Here are a few things to look for when choosing a web host:
It is important to your business success to make sure visitors can see your site quickly. Part of this has to do with how fast your web-hosts servers are. Although there are a few other factors, server speeds are pretty darn important.
Web hosts should offer a variety of customer support options. These are typically toll free phone numbers, email support, frequently asked questions pages, live support, and help forums. Obviously more support your host offers, better it is for you if you ever need it.
Checking out reliability of a service is also very important to your website and ultimately your online business success. Hosts usually have several backup systems in case something goes wrong with main servers. They also can promise less "down time" by backup power systems. I wouldn't use a web host unless it has at least a 97% uptime guarantee.
My recommended web host that offers all of above and more is ThirdSphereHosting and you can find them at: http://www.home-business-team.com/thirdsphereplus
4) Building Your Site – This will most likely be an ongoing task for as long as you have your home based business. However, just to get something up and going at first here are some pointers…
* Keep your text relevant to what you are offering. * Do not stuff keywords in to your text. * Do not put banners on your home page. * Always have a catchy headline. * Keep site clean looking and easy to read. * Dark text on light background is always best. * Let your visitors know what you can do for them. * Make navigation very simple for visitors.