Okay so you've got best website in world. You have deadliest sales letter, your USP (Ultimate Selling Proposition) is great, your inventory is ready, you have used all right psychological triggers and everything is perfect. Okay... but where are customers, what next?
1. Go and submit your site to search engines you may use services at http://www.worldsubmitter.com. Keep repeating every six to eight weeks.
2. Announce your site using a press release. Here are some free services:
- For website announcements submit at http://www.prweb.com/urlwire.php
- For other news worthy announcements submit freely at http://www.onlinepressreleases.com/cgi-bin/secure/prsubmit.pl
- http://www.prweb.com/register.php - Here you will have to register first.
- For announcements relating to new ebook or epublishing use http://ebookbroadcast.com/submit.shtml
3. Write a 300-600 word article describing needs and benefits of your products (Don't make this sound like an ad – say if you are selling beauty products your article may be about skin care tips etc.) Put your resource box at end of article, you may include some comment about your product line and post it for free publication here:
- Articles Digest free subscriptions are available at http://EzineArticles.com/
- Article announce writer and publisher exchange http://www.web-source.net/articles/
- Idea Marketers Library http://www.ideamarketers.com
- Making Profit Directory http://www.MakingProfit.com
- Free Content http://www.certificate.net/wwio/
4. Set up an affiliate program whereby you pay a percentage of each sale to reseller. If you don't want to set up your own affiliate tracking software, you may use excellent services of http://www.clickbank.com .
If you are able to offer a good percentage share (say 50% or more) you will be able to attract some of top affiliates. Advertise for affiliates rather then actual sales of your products.