Let's get right to it!
1. Add Sour Cream to your mashed potatoes.
2. After icing your cinnamon rolls, dust tops lightly with cinnamon.
3. Always use special napkins - use seasonally-appropriate patterns and colors. If your family has a favorite sports team, serve their colors on days they're playing. If you are NASCAR fans, by all means, go with your driver's colors on race day!
4. Never underestimate elegance of candles. They set mood and add mood to your setting.
5. Use freshly-grated Parmesan and leave cans on shelves.
6. Serve only coffee that has been freshly-ground and freshly-brewed. Top this coffee off with a dollop of whipped topping, and if you're really feeling "high brow", fresh shavings from a block of chocolate.
7. Use REAL crumbled bacon on top of your salads and baked potatoes. Leave plastic containers of wanna-be bacon bits on shelves beside Parmesan.
8. Speaking of salads, add crumbled feta cheese to your tossed salads. You'll never want salads without it again!
9. Never, ever, under any circumstances - make salsa without fresh cilantro. If your store is out, drive to next store. If, three stores later, you still haven't found any cilantro, skip idea of salsa all together! Yes, it's that important.
10. Add zip to your loaf of French Bread. Spray, or brush, top of loaf with olive oil. Then sprinkle on dried red pepper flakes and dried onion flakes. Bake as usual.
11. Get a rounded ice-cream scoop of ice cream, roll in crushed nuts and serve on top of a plate that's been swirled with caramel or chocolate syrup. Then squeeze more over top.
12. Do same as above, but use coconut in place of crushed nuts. This time, place balls of coconut-covered ice cream on top of slices of pound cake. Now, pour some pineapple bits, juice and all, on top of servings.