Continued from page 1
Data Storage Challenges
• The necessity to secure patient information to meet HIPPA compliance laws.
• Growing demands to protect confidential patient health file data against loss and corruption.
• Ensuring healthcare providers can retrieve consolidated medical information on patients from a safe, centralized source.
• Organizing stored medical files for easy, instant access.
Healthcare Industry Trends
By monitoring industry trends, OSP can anticipate future data storage needs of healthcare industry. Currently, OSP team is reviewing impact of these trends on data storage:
• Storing, long-term, medical history by symptom, gender, etc. to provide insights regarding collective health patterns.
• Meeting demands of a highly mobile baby boomer population and their need for easily moving their medical history with them.
• Physicians needing to reduce time it takes to access stored data to free up more time for increasing patient care schedules.
• Obesity prevalence rates of 15% to 19% in more than 18 US states creating formidable increases in diabetes - causing medical researchers to seek access to data generated and stored by multiple healthcare providers whose collective information could identify common traits and in turn, a path to cures.
• Aggressive hacker infiltration, identify theft and viruses that continue to corrupt vital patient health data.
FocusStor recommends that all healthcare providers join thousands of healthcare businesses who have decided to safeguard their data using FocusStor’s backup solution.
CONTACT INFORMATION: FocusStor Online Data Backup & Recovery Toll Free: 800-285-3084 Website: http://www.focusstor.net Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BIO: FocusStor, Online Data Backup & Recovery is a subsidiary of Polyhec Group, the leading Canadian provider of disk-based backup and recovery solutions for various industries and has been since 1985. Marc Bulot is the senior technician at Polyhec Group and has worked for the company for the past 20 years developing data management and data security tools for small to medium sized businesses.