Continued from page 1
Remember that you cannot spot reduce!
What I mean by this is that you can't pick and choose areas that you would like to lose fat and do exercises that work those areas expecting fat to just magically disappear in those areas. Your body does not work that way. The only way to decrease amount of fat in certain key areas is by lowering your total body fat levels.
As you lose fat, it will come off all over your body, not just in specific areas. If you follow a complete diet and weight training program for at least 12 weeks, you will begin to see dramatic changes occurring with your body, and I'm not just talking about obvious physical changes, I'm also talking about psychological and physiological changes.
You can expect lower body fat (of course), increased muscle mass, increased metabolism, increased sense of well-being, more energy, lower bad cholesterol level, increased good cholesterol level, decreased risk of heart disease, deeper more restful sleep and most important, increased self-confidence.
To be successful, your fat loss program should include following:
* A calorie restrictive diet, which requires you to eat no less than 12x and no more than 15x your LEAN bodyweight in calories.
* Regular cardiovascular activity for at least 30-45 minutes 3-4 times per week. Some recommend a moderate pace while other recommend a vigorous pace -- it doesn't really matter as long as you are exercising.
* Weight training.
* Supplementing your diet with vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Vitamin C, L-glutamine, and a good multi vitamin are bare essentials.
* Adequate dietary fat, including high amounts of Essential Fatty Acids (Omega-6 and Omega-3).
* Regularly monitor your progress. If you don't track your progress you won't know if your diet program is working! Looking in mirror or just relying on scale is NOT adequate. Here's a great composition tracking software that I highly recommend http://www.comptracker.com
It will let you know exactly if what you are doing is working.
* Finally, make sure that program you decide on is compatible with your lifestyle and schedule.
You can have greatest program in world, but if you cannot implement it then it is worthless. There are thousands of fat loss diets and workouts that will work, but hard part is finding one that works for you and specifics of your diet and schedule restraints.
Fitness Consultant Anthony Ellis has helped thousands of individuals lose fat and build more muscle. To read more about his fat loss recommendations please check out his site at http://www.fatlosstips.com