Continued from page 1
4. Use Brokers - Ask brokers or other sites with heavy traffic to post a signup for your information or service. Most will charge between 10 - 15 cents per email, but these are yours to keep.
5. Door-to-Door - One of our tourism customers found this quite effective - they hired students to go door to door asking for email addresses in return for information that they might be interested in.
6. Online Contest - Online contests are often a very effective way of getting email addresses. Make email address a requirement of entry. There are a number of companies that will manage all aspects of your online contest. One is Raffle http://www.raffle.ca/
7. Bricks and Mortar - For those of you with physical stores, don't forget to ask for email addresses at every turn. Ask at checkout, send surveys, run contests etc.
8. Your Communication Material - Don't just put your URL on your communications. Ask people to go to your site and signup. Put this on business cards, order forms, survey forms and signature files.
There are many more techniques that will help you build your lists; hopefully these will get your ideas flowing. Although building a qualified list will take time, in end this is best, most cost effective and profitable route to take.
Karen Fegarty is with MailWorkZ. MailWorkZ, http://www.mailworkz.com is a leading producer of emarketing products and tools. Karen can be reached at mailto:email@example.com