Continued from page 1
Good Medical Options are Available for Acne Sufferers
A dermatologist should be consulted if your acne is severe, and this will give you access to tretinoin (Retin-A cream) or accutane for acute cases, both of which are available on perscription. You can also get prescriptions for a range of antibiotics in pill form, such as tetracycline, as well as antibiotic salves and creams. Effective over-the-counter acne treatments include topical salves and creams that contain benzoyl peroxide, or a five-percent solution of tea tree oil, or dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO). Blemishes can be dried up with a variety of acne products that contain salicylic acid, sulfur, or resorcinol.
More Useful Information and Advice
* Exercise is good for skin since it increases circulation and blood flow, but when you are exercising, avoid wearing cosmetics or moisturizers, which keep perspiration from flowing freely and cause pores to clog. Sweatbands also hold perspiration and oil against skin and shouldn’t be used.
* Keep your hair off your face so that you are not adding to your problems with scalp oil. Avoid using hair products that are oily or greasy for same reason.
* Prolonged exposure to sun or sunlamps might dry acne but can result in a whole host of new problems, such as damaged, leathery skin and skin cancer. There are better solutions.
* Use caution about taking saunas and steam baths as they may aggravate your acne condition. You can’t do much about heat and humidity – nature’s version of saunas and steam baths – but keeping your skin clean and removing excess oil frequently will assist in prevention of breakouts.
* Remember that stress makes acne worse. Don’t let emotional upsets get under your skin, so to speak. Try meditation or relaxation techniques to prevent stress-induced breakouts. Your skin isn’t only organ that will benefit.
Acne treatments are of vital importance to acne sufferers and can make a big difference in lives of people who have to cope with this very real problem. Both internal and external acne remedies can be found on Internet. Compare prices and brands, and place your order from comfort of your home. Usually online merchants offer discount pricing to attract customers so you can save yourself some money. Products are usually shipped same day that you order. Shop with confidence online, and see an improvement in your appearance within days.
Laura Gray is currently a freelance writer and enjoys providing information and advice to online shoppers who are in the market for anti aging treatments and oily skin care information.