Continued from page 1
2. The opening sentence, "I was just in bathroom, reading a letter from my sister, when I got to line...," not only compels you to read second sentence, it is actually impossible to complete first sentence---because it doesn't end! Those dashes are grabbing your nose and pulling you into next sentence, which happens to be next paragraph.
3. The letter weaves a story. Stories sell. Stories compel. Stories pull people into drama unfolding and make them a part of action. As this letter reveals it's story, it also conveys selling messages to you hypnotically---messages that urge you to get this book now.
4. The letter reeks of sincerity. I learned that sincerity sells. Sincerity is hypnotic. Don't lie or mislead or gyp people. Tell your story in most hypnotic way possible and people most interested in it will respond.
5. The ending PS, "Amazon.com now carries "Spiritual Marketing," is a subliminal call to action. While I'm still known for writing fiery PS's that warn you of dangers if you don't act now, my PS above works in a soft-sell way. The story in letter says "Buy my new book." The PS simply tells you where.
You can take my tried and tested emailed sales letter above and use it as a model to write your own hypnotic letter. Here's how: Just think of a story---a true one, remember---of someone who benefited from your product or service in a record-breaking way, and write event up following my formula and my letter. It may help you to remember these key questions:
1. How can you make your headline so curious that people can't help but read your letter?
2. How can you begin your next letter in such a way that it actually forces people to keep reading?
3. How can you tell a story about your product or service that compels people to want it?
4. Are you telling whole truth in your letter?
5. How can you more softly let people know how to buy your product or service?
Finally, I think greatest secret to making any sales letter or email message truly hypnotic is in being genuinely excited. My sales letter above is based on what actually happened to me. My sister DID write me. She DID buy a new car. It WAS a result of reading my new book. I was so moved by her news that I conveyed my joy in my sales letter---and that joy became hypnotic to my readers.
Joe Vitale, regarded as one of the world's most powerful copywriters, is a best-selling author of numerous marketing books and courses. His tremendously successful "Hypnotic Writing" e-book is now succeeded by "Advanced Hypnotic Writing," a breakthrough book that reveals how to use the phenomenon of hypnotic suggestion to turn your words into cash. http://www.roibot.com/tk_adhyp.cgi?ahwyg1