What happens when during the baby shower?Written by Randy Wilson
Continued from page 1
During shower activities:
- Upon arrival, greet shower guests, make them comfortable, put gifts on gift table, take their coats, pin on their name tag and offer them a beverage.
- Provide a gift table near where mom-to-be will be seated to open them. As guests arrive, ensure their envelope or gift tag is securely attached to their gift before putting it on table.
- Introduce them to other guests.
- When everyone has arrived, start with an icebreaker game to get things started.
- Now is time to serve light beverages to everyone.
- If serving a meal, let guests know when to help themselves.
- Provide seating chair and tables to senior ladies for meal.
- When meal is over, serve dessert.
- While guests are enjoying their desserts, mom can open her gifts.
- Play one last game and pass out any gifts for shower guests to gently bring shower to a close.
As these are one-time events for many couples, try to capture every single moment with help of still photography, videography and voice recording. Give mother-to-be and guests something to remember and cherish these special.
Generally at showers light snacks and beverages are served. However, as hostess, you decide on food, if it will be catered, etc.
With careful planning your shower will be a fantastically fun and memorable event for guest of honor and all of shower guests!
© Copyright Randy Wilson, All Rights Reserved.
Randy has dozens more baby shower related articles such as Baby Shower Centerpieces and Free Baby Shower Games.
Oneness in Marriage (Part 1)Written by Murphy Toerner
Continued from page 1
God's goal is that we experience this "oneness" in marriage. However, "oneness" is not always acheived. Or once it is acheived, it is not always maintained. We hope that following exercise will be helpful to you. You can consider questions yourself or perhaps you could discuss these with your spouse. Exercise: 1. On a scale of 1-10, how well do you accept your spouse? What would it take to improve your current level of acceptance? 2. On a scale of 1-10, how well do you understand your spouse? Is there one area in which you wish your spouse were more understanding of you? 3. Pray each day that God will show you ways to improve your level of acceptance of your spouse. Purpose to better accept ways that your spouse is unique (different from you). [Consider writing down your answers in a journal. Then, pray and ask God to help you grow in accepting your spouse. Ask God to give you "grace" or "divine enablement" to understand your spouse better. Ask God to help you see your spouse with His (God's) eyes and heart. Ask God to solidify idea that your way of doing things is not only way to do things. You don't always have to be right or have last word. Ask God to give you even more love for your spouse along with courage and willingness to express that love consistently to him/her. Watch and see what Lord is able to do in you!] We would love to hear from you about exercises. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org This is a series which will be continued. If you enjoyed this article and are interested in more articles by this author and other free resources please visit our website www.murphytoerner.com. Counseling & Coaching Available: Call our offices @ 225.753.7773
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor, a Nationally Certified Counselor, and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. My goal is to help clients grow mentally, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually. In addition to private practice, for the last ten years, I have had the privilege of leading women’s retreats, teaching bible studies, presenting parenting seminars, and pre-marriage/marriage seminars (with my husband, Mike).