Continued from page 1
Viral Marketing with a "Twist"
1. Start an online contest, drawing, etc.
2. Let contestants know that by entering contest they're also subscribing to your publication.
3. On contest form, put a referral or tell a friend box where contestant can enter friends and business associates so that they will be sent an invitation to enter contest.
But here comes really good part... NOW we're going to add a "TWIST" to maximize your results.
- Let contestant know that every person they refer to your contest, they will get an additional entry as well. This is part of powerful twist.
- Second part of twist: After they submit form, give them a URL where they can check to see "front runners" in contest.
These last two items are what makes this so powerful. You give your contestants an extra incentive to refer more and more of their friends and a way to track their standing in contest.
Do you see how this taps into your visitor's triggers of greed and competitive nature? Here's an example of a real contest:
If you take time to set this up properly, you too may cause an avalanche of quality traffic and subscribers to your site.
I can't say enough about importance of putting this unused, yet lucrative marketing technique into action. This IS viral marketing with a powerful twist at its best.
====================================== Questions? Get additional information on how you can create your own traffic tidal wave using this simple but brilliant super viral feeding contest. Send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Do this before your competition jumps all over it. http://ultimatetrafficjam.com apiareport.html ======================================
Floyd Tapia is an author, business consultant and Internet marketer. His critically acclaimed newsletter: The Tapia Report offers clear cut answers and provides the latest information on the Internet's newest and sometimes controversial marketing techiques. http://ultimatetrafficjam.com/tapiareport.html