Use keywords and meta tags to get the click!Written by Steve Nash
Continued from page 1
- TITLE tag should be between 5 and 12 words
- Meta DESCRIPTION tag should be between 5 and 20 words
- TITLE and Meta DESCRIPTION should be different. Combine both to encourage someone looking at a busy page of search results to click your link, rather than someone else's.
- Meta KEYWORDS tag should be between 0 and 50 words
- HEADING Tags should be used, if possible (and these tags are used for ranking purposes instead of Meta DESCRIPTION tag, sometimes)
- Meta KEYWORDS tag should contain words that exist in TITLE and Meta DESCRIPTION tag (as well as in page content)
- Do not use too many COMMENT tags, or Image ALT tags, especially if you stuff them with keywords
--- sidebar ---
Don't know what above means? The HTML tags are shown below:
* TITLE - Your page title here< itle> * DESCRIPTION - * KEYWORDS - * HEADING - H1, H2, H3,... * COMMENT - <--! comments go here or few keywords -->
--- end sidebar ---
Again, these are basic guidelines - don't take them too literally. Remember, most important content for search engines is also most important content for your site visitors - *your actual page content*.
=> READ MORE...
You can find out a great deal more about keywords, meta tags etc. from following excellent resources.
- http://spider-food.net - http://searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/meta.html - http://www.searchengines.com
Remember that search engines are getting more and more sophisticated. Concentrate on creating valuable keyword-rich pages that your site visitors will like; search engines will like them too! And your site is sure to get click!
Steve Nash edits Promote! Promote! Promote! a twice-monthly newsletter. Subscribe, and learn more about promoting your business (or site) online: mailto:email@example.com This article appears on his latest site called How I Promote My Website - http://www.HowIPromoteMyWebsite.com/bin/ap.pl?find-out
Creating Keyword Specific Doorway Pages - A Step By Step GuideWritten by Shelley Lowery
Continued from page 1
your content and make updating easier. They also provide another great way to place your KEYWORDS. They won't be visible on your webpage, just in HTML. Example: !--Begin Dog Grooming Navigation-- !--End Dog Groomer Navigation-- The key to creating powerful, keyword rich, Search Engine friendly doorway pages is to provide some valuable content. In body of your webpage, provide your visitors with a free 250 - 300 word article or report loaded with your keywords every couple of sentences. Example: Dog Grooming Tips From The Top Professional Dog Groomers If you're not comfortable writing your own reports, you can find over 1,000 free reports here: http://www.web-source.net/content.htm Here's basic HTML outline for your doorway page: HTML HEADING META name="KEYWORDS" content="dog grooming, pet care, pet groomers" META name="DESCRIPTION" content="The Dog Groomers Salon: Dog Grooming Tips From Top Professional Pet Groomers" TITLE The Dog Groomers Salon: Dog Grooming Tips From Top Professional Pet Groomers /TITLE /HEADING BODY !--Begin Dog Grooming Navigation-- IMG SRC="mainlogo.gif" WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="60" ALT="dog grooming,pet care,dog groomers" BORDER="0" For More Professional Dog Grooming Tips, Click Here !--End Dog Groomer Navigation-- Dog Grooming Tips From The Top Professional Dog Groomers /BODY /HTML After you've created your doorway page, save your page using one of your keywords. Example: dog_grooming.html If you're creating many pages, simply add a number to end of your page. Example: dog_grooming_1.html dog_grooming_2.html pet_grooming_1.html pet_grooming_2.html dog_groomer_1.html dog_groomer_2.html When you're ready to submit your pages to Search Engines, submit only one page each day. If you've created several pages you'd like to submit, you may want to create an additional page that contains links to each of your doorway pages. That way, you can submit just your links page and let Search Engines crawl rest of your links. Creating doorway pages is a powerful way to increase your website traffic, but don't stop at just one. Imagine how much traffic you'd receive with 100 keyword packed, doorway pages all pointing to your website...
Shelley Lowery is the Webmaster of Web-Source.net - A complete resource portal for the Internet entrepreneur. The site assists the entrepreneur in developing a serious Web presence by providing a wealth of free information, resources, tools and content. http://www.web-source.net