Continued from page 1
And show businesses at home are about selling. So if you don’t like thought of selling or already know that you aren’t a salesperson, you’d be happier in a different business. If you’re a born salesperson, though, home show business is a great place for you to be.
A home show provides you with a much more intimate environment, and this allows you to establish a rapport with your customers much more quickly than if you’re doing cold calls over phone. This means you’re likely to sell more items. And that means more money!
Now a few other things you want to think about are:
- Other than presentation product package is there anything you need to buy?
- Is your home set up for a home show business?
- What will you do about accounting services?
- Do you have contacts you need to get started?
- How will you get word out about your home show business?
- What are zoning regulations in your area concerning business?
- Do you want a partner?
- Would a course in public speaking help you?
- How will your home show business affect your family?
- What sort of tax planning do you need?
- What sort of backup plan do you need in case you get sick?
Also, a home show business doesn’t have to just be like ones already mentioned. You can also consider doing home based business trade shows. These involve allowing businesses to present their goods and services for people to review and even purchase.
They tend to be a lot more involved and require a great deal of planning. There’s excellent money to be made in home based business trade shows, however, and if you’re detail-oriented and like to plan events, then this is an excellent home show business opportunity for you. Again, though, if you plan to do them in your home, you must know zoning regulations for your area.
As in starting any business, do necessary research. You also want to write out a business plan that maps out step by step what you need to do to get your home show business going. Follow it, and before you know it, your bank account will be bulging at seams, thanks to all those fat sales’ commission checks!
© Copyright Randy Wilson, All Rights Reserved.
Randy has dozens of articles such as Best Home Based Businesses, Small Business Opportunities Magazines and Easy Start Home Businesses.