Continued from page 1
4) Confirm that chipset on motherboard is compatible with speed of processor and speed of FSB. It is very important to check compatibility to improve system performance.
5) Select feature rich motherboard for future up gradation. Also ensure that it has enough PCI and memory slots for future expansion.
6) If planning for expensive motherboard go for motherboard with onboard video chipset and an AGP slot. Don't forget to check whether AGP slot supports latest transfer rate.
7) Also see whether motherboard has onboard sound and integrated Ethernet.
8) Check type of memory that supports motherboard.
9) DDR RAM is most popular option today. Most motherboards have at least two slots. But expensive motherboards have 4 slots. The total amount RAM you can install is also dependent on motherboard chipset.
10) The smooth transfer of data without errors is most important function of chipset. This function of chipset decides overall performance of system. That is why maximum speed a processor that chipset supports is very important. In case of future upgrades you will need to change only processor. This will save your time and money.
Krishna Pai is a webmaster and a writer. Get Computer Tutorials, reviews, Hardware & Software Tips, How to guides at http://www.cheapest-computer-hardware-software.com/
For more Computer tips join his "Build Computer ezine" at http://www.cheapest-computer-hardware-software.com/build_computer_ezine.html