The ten most important feng shui design tipsWritten by Jakob Jelling
Continued from page 1
5. Good feng shui design does not allow dark spots in it since that doesn't allow chi flowing properly.
6. You should choose carefully shapes of objects and furniture; different shapes provide different feelings as well as tend to balance in different ways.
7. Couches and chairs should always be placed in a way that allows those who sit on them to easily look at door.
8. According to feng shui design guidelines beds should not be right across door and ideally should have a wall at one side as protection.
9. Mirrors should be placed strategically, thought according to light amount wished as well as which objects you wish it to reflect.
10. Correct feng shui design would allow people to feel good and comfortable in that interior without really noticing it has been carefully thought of. It should be natural and balanced, providing comfort to those occupying it.
Jakob Jelling is the founder of http://www.fengshuicrazy.com. Please visit his website and learn all the feng shui tips you'll ever need!
Would you Steel your household appliancesWritten by Donald Grummett
Continued from page 1
---------------------------- Steel, chromium, and nickel Stainless steel is steel to which has been added chromium and nickel. This results in steel with a very hard surface that will resist both pitting and rusting. The chromium gives it characteristic shiny surface layer and nickel gives it non-magnetic character. So when your refrigerator magnets do not stick, blame nickel. If scratched, stainless steel can in fact self heal. A new layer of oxide will be produced that can cover over small scratches. But, since surface layer is extremely thin rust can result if scratch pierces this layer and exposes base steel. ------------------------------ Stainless considered high end Most manufacturers offer stainless steel appliances as part of their high end product lines. General Electric calls their stainless series Profile or Monogram. Frigidaire calls theirs Pro Gallery. Maytag, Whirlpool, and LG also offer stainless steel versions of their products. Frigidaire has recently upped stakes with introduction of an even higher priced series called Icon. The Icon is an all steel finish that stresses clean and contemporary lines while maintaining all necessary functionality. Other manufacturers will be responding. ------------------ Fad or functional Do you remember green, yellow, or brown refrigerators? How about turquoise stoves, or black washing machines? At one time these were all considered “in” thing. So is stainless steel appliance just another fad? I don’t think so. Stainless steel appliances are a style that has captured public attention and will continue to do so. A style of appliance that continues to attract consumers in ever increasing numbers each year. So, whatever reason that people love stainless, it would appear they will remain on consumer wish lists into foreseeable future.
Copyright 2004 by Donald Grummett. All right reserved. Donald Grummett is service manager of an appliance repair company in Ottawa, Canada. Thirty-plus years as a technician and business owner. Additional appliance information including FAQuestions, Stains, Recycling, Newsletter, Industry News at http://www.mgservices.ca