Continued from page 1
6. Motivate yourself with good feelings for a change! Many people motivate themselves with bad feelings! Even worse, they frequently motivate themselves to do what they don't want or enjoy! Use pleasant voice tones to talk inside your head. Use them to talk with others also. Think of enjoyment associated with completion of a project instead of many steps required. Focus on benefits of what/why you are doing activity rather than on any unpleasantness associated with it. Also focus on how good it will feel to be done with project and on to other things you enjoy even more.
7. Eat real food that protects your body from stress. Junk food decreases your body's ability to deal with stress. It also weakens your immune system so that you are weaker and more vulnerable to injury and/or illness. Ditto for alcohol and other self defeating habits. Exercise is close to magic bullet or fountain of youth. Make sure you get enough to make a major difference in your health/fitness levels. What is best exercise? Something that you enjoy enough to do several times a week for a lifetime.
8. Procrastinate until you feel better. You've been told that procrastination is a bad thing. You've been told wrong! I'm here to tell you that procrastination is one of greatest skills a person can develop. Imagine your life rapidly improving by procrastinating your usual responses like anger or discouragement. I know you want to get mad at your kids and I'm sure they deserve it, but for now, let's just procrastinate. We'll get mad at them Saturday or maybe next week. That yummy junk food is beginning to talk to you...well, since you are a procrastinator, let's just procrastinate eating junk until we are full from eating something healthier and don't want it. I know that sometimes you have a tough day and people are not sensitive to your needs but since you can procrastinate so well perhaps we could put off discouragement until Fourth of July or your maternal aunt's birthday.
9. You are special. Start acting like it. There is nobody else like you. You are truly unique. Never in history of our planet has there been another you. There will never be another you in eons of eternity that make up future. Never. You are one of a kind. When God made you He was simply showing off. Now, go do great things. You deserve them and are fully capable.
10. Everybody else is special too. Start treating them that way. Everything in # 9 above applies to everyone. Yes, even boneheads. The reason they are boneheads is that they don't know how special they are...yet. Your purpose in life could include teaching them. Remember: we did not come to this planet to fail. We came here to succeed on a massive scale doing right thing in right way for right reason while having a spectacularly good time helping others.
Michael Dimas is a performance consultant, workshop leader, motivational speaker, personal coach, health & fitness mentor. He teaches a variety of programs designed to empower your body, mind & spirit. He is known for his high energy presentations, irreverant attitude and deeply caring for others seeking to make changes in their lives. Web: www.selfchangetechnologies.com Email: email@example.com