Continued from page 1
As a suggestion, why not make your blog a log of this experiment?
Publish your blog by hitting 'Publish' button. Sorry, we're not done yet...
You have just added your site's news feed to your My Yahoo! account.
- Now you have to go to http://www.yahoo.com and open a My Yahoo! account. Just follow Yahoo's very clear instructions.
- Click on 'Add Content' button.
- Click ' Add RSS by URL' link.
- Paste 'Site Feed URL' you've copied earlier in 'URL' field and
- hit 'Add'
Mmm, you don't know what a news feed is? I've written a document explaining it all. You can read it here.
Your job is done - spider bait is ready!
- Last step: go to http://www.pingomatic.com
- Enter your blog's name and URL (similar to mine: http://www.perfect-party-ideas.blogspot.com)
- Select all services to ping (of which My Yahoo! is one) and click 'Submit Pings' button.
- Navigate back to your My Yahoo! account and refresh your browser.
- Scroll to bottom of page where you'll see your blog's feed appearing.
Now for a bit of excitement. Start watching your web site's stat's to see how quickly spiders find their way to your web site. You could even throw a free stats counter on your blog and watch spiders visiting your blog. I've written this article explaining how I did it.
Next step: Play "blog-and-ping" every day or so. More often if you have time! Whenever you feel like it, add another posting to your blog. Remember to throw in some links to specific pages on your web site. Let me know how successful you were - leave a comment in my blog or use my Contact Us page on this web site.
Here's to your success! Kind Regards Anne-Marie
Anne-Marie Killer is a mother of two teenagers and a toddler. She is the webmaster and owner of Perfect Party Ideas Read her blog where she documents the process of setting up Perfect Party Ideas