Continued from page 1
1) Use first names whenever possible. (I'm much more apt to open a message directed to "Randall" vs. "webmaster". In fact, 75% of emails I just deleted were addressed generically to "webmaster". Hey, if I don't know you and you don't know my name, I probably have little interest in what you are going to tell me.)
2) Mention products, newsletters, URLs, etc. (This helps recipients feel more comfortable with you and shows that you have interest in their business. If I see an email that mentions my website, I at least know sender has spent some time and/or thought into his/her email. It's worth looking at.)
3) Utilize a 48-hour policy (The online world is fast-paced. People don't hang around very long for answers. The faster you respond to individuals, better you look over other competitors. The better you look, better your chances at a sale.)
4) Never assume worst (It's easy to read more into emails than sender may ever have intended. Don't jump to conclusions and think that someone is trying to attack you. My motto is always to respond politely regardless of how original email was worded.)
5) Check before sending (The point here is simply to check your work before you click send button. When I see miss-spelled words, wrong references, etc. you can almost guarantee that email is in trash.)
Just remember, an effective online marketing campaign starts slowly. Start using these simple strategies to make your emails more personable…and watch your credibility and online business sales grow.
To Your Success, Randall Helling
Article by Randall Helling of Helling Enterprises. Visit us at http://www.websuccess-online.com for FREE "hands-on" & "how-to" online business success strategies. Featuring internet marketing assistance, software, manuals, web services and much, much more.
Randall Helling has been an online marketer since 1996. His award-winning website is loaded with strategies and tips for anyone interested in making online profits. Visit his site and get a free gift at: http://www.websuccess-online.com