Continued from page 1
7. Signing up for site newsletter must be incredibly easy.
8. Customers should be required to fill out minimum of information to make a purchase.
9. Newsletters should be issued in HTML and text since some email systems do not accept HTML.
10. All images should be compressed for quick loading.
11. All links and emails must also include AOL friendly equivalents.
12. All emails must have automatic text wraps at 60 spaces so that recipient does not receive a disjointed mess of code in their email box.
13. Email communications from public must be responded to within 24 hours.
14. Communications made after business hours must be responded to first thing in morning.
15. The site should offer accumulating bonus points for purchases that eventually lead to a “free gift”
16. When an order is shipped, an email should be sent to customer telling them as much.
The list is fairly endless, but you should always view site designs and advertising from perspective of customer. The universal question for each project is, “How could we make this easier for customers?” By emphasizing this approach, you will bypass many of problems you see on net and avoid wasting your advertising dollars.
Halstatt Pires is with Marketing Titan- an Internet marketing and advertising company comprised of a search engine optimization specialist providing meta tag optimization services and Internet marketing consultant providing internet marketing solutions through integrated design and programming services.