Continued from page 1
GET YOUR IN-DEPTH, SPECIALIZED, VISITOR-EXCITING SITE.
1. Start by thinking about what REALLY punches your buttons. You can't build an in-depth site unless you LOVE subject you're focusing on. Don't think about this for months, days, or even for a couple of hours. Whatever hits you dead on as you read this is probably one thing you can make fly.
2. Search for an affiliate program or two that sells a core product or service related to your interest. Most of time you can simply use search engines to find sites that also focus on your topic. Nine times out of ten several of them will offer affiliate programs.
3. Get your own domain name. Have your main topic as part of name. I love to go to BitShack.com at this stage. You get a domain and hosting for a year for about $50. You may be able to find somebody else who does it cheaper.
4. A site that looks like your very first won't cut it. You need to have appearance of an old hand. Do this by getting a professionally designed logo. If you have a sharp looking logo at top of page, rest of it can be plain text.
I found guys at GotLogos.com via an affiliate link. They designed a half dozen logos for us, all for just $25 each. You can't get "pro" look any cheaper.
5. Get a professional writer to create first 300 words of your web site. Start at InternetWriters.com where they'll craft text that gets your visitors' juices flowing. They write cheap. Once people get excited on your first 300 words, it isn't' hard to keep them on your site until they have read everything else you have to offer.
6. Promote, promote, promote. Put your good advice (which you can borrow from books at library--it's called research) on discussion forums. Place ads in email newsletters. Send your own press release to media every month. Call your local talk radio station and see if they have 5 minutes to speak with you on-air. Provide advice their listeners can use.
Finally, I want you to chuckle, sneer, and laugh assuredly when media starts up about how Internet is having a hard time. Good! That's great news for you. With so many big corporate sites running out of money and so many little sites getting spooked out of existence, there has never been a better time for YOU to make YOUR mark online.
Keegan Michaels knows affiliate programs. He knows what to look for and what pitfalls to avoid. Let him show you the roadmap to affiliate profits. Contact him today at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-328-9006. Get his Extra Money Newsletter FREE at http://www.AffiliateTeacher.com