Continued from page 1
(2) Free Report
Another kind of opt-in list involves offer of a free report, or series of reports. However, be careful with this!
By offering a free report, you are restricting number of times you can mail to your list, it's not a good idea to capture names and then bombard them with a continual stream of sales material when they were only expecting one or two reports.
This would be considered spamming! If you offer a free report, it should contain "real" information and a reason for them to visit your website again.
(3) Free eZine/Newsletter - A great way to build an opt-in list is by offering a free subscription to an electronic newsletter or ezine.
Newsletters are a really good way of regularly reminding your subscribers about your website and products. By writing a newsletter that contains copy which is both informative and compelling, you draw subscribers back to your website again and again!
Having an ezine/Newsletter is one of best ways to build credibility and rapport with your readers and customers. If you understand value of a "Lifetime Customer", then you know exactly how powerful an ezine or newsletter can be!
So now that you know how to get your opt-in mailing list, it's time that you learn how to run your email promotions effectively when you do it.
Below are 6 tips to consider for successful email marketing:
(1) Perhaps most critical step in guaranteeing success of your e-mail promotions is that you e-mail a targeted list of opt-in subscribers who have specifically requested to receive information on a particular topic from you. You'll be wasting your time and energy if you don't.
(2) Personalize each and every email. A phrase like "Dear John" will have more impact than just "Dear customer". For that person assumes you know him. (3) Write benefit-oriented subject lines or you can ask a question or trigger curiosity.. Subject lines are very critical in ensuring whether your email gets opened or not.
(4) Make it easy to read. Check grammatical errors and proof read everything. Keep paragraphs short, between 4-6 lines.
(5) Give opportunity for your readers to opt-out of your mailing list. At end of all e-mail you send, it's extremely important that you give people opportunity to opt-out or be removed from your e-mail database. This is really, really important!
(6) Test your email promotions. Before sending your e-mail to your entire list, take an extra 15 minutes to test how it looks in a variety of e-mail clients like hotmail, yahoo, outlook express, eudora etc...
Email marketing is an excellent way to increase exposure of your website and advertise any special offers that are currently available through your website. Executed well, a targeted email campaign can have a dramatic influence on your traffic, acquisition of visitors and traffic behavior.
© 2003 by Jean Lam
Jean Lam publishes the Zine Guru newsletter. To subscribe, for cutting edge internet marketing tips, tricks, techniques and secrets mailto:email@example.com and receive a FREE valuable ebook. Check out also his internet marketing resource site at http://www.zineguru.com