Continued from page 1
6. Deploy a site search facility on big sites - make it easy for people to find what they want.
7. Include offline contact information - some customers may want to telephone for specific information and a real world postal address is reassuring to buyers.
8. Use testimonials - they reassure buyers and show evidence of your product quality.
9. Give something away - free ebooks are becoming a popular way to communicate with customers. Take a look at example below and see how this could work for you.
10. Keep graphics to a minimum - bloated image files can extend download times beyond surfers' patience threshold - according to a recent survey about 30 seconds.
Take a look at your site afresh: pretend you have never seen it before and see what simple steps you can take to improve your customers' online experience. You will undoubtedly reap rewards in form of increased profits.
(((((((((((c)P J Chandler))))))))))))))) Phil Chandler writes about marketing and other business topics. His web site is at http://www.domainomania.com His free ebook - "How To Start a Highly Profitable Internet Publishing Business Using Free and Low-Cost Software" - can be read at http://www.domainomania.com/publish/
Writer, marketeer and webmaster.