Continued from page 1
6. Package Upsell-When you're selling a product you could offer similar products in a package deal. Tell people other products are cheaper with package deal versus purchasing them separately.
7. Affiliate Upsell-When you're selling a product you could offer someone else's product as an upsell. You would have to make a commission on product in order to profit.
8. Free Upsell-You could offer a free sample or trial of your product (your first sale would be free) and then tell people if they order full version right now they will get a discount.
9. Extra Upsell-There are many things you could charge extra for at time of sale. It could be gift wrapping, imprinting, custom designs, etc.
10. Extended Upsell-If your product comes with a warranty, you could ask people if they would like to extend warranty one more year for only $30.
In conclusion, you can use one or all these strategies to increase your profits at point of sale. Don't be afraid to use your imagination to come up with other upsell strategies.
Author Dan Brown has been active in internet marketing for the past 4 years. Dan currently is working with the Zabang search engine introducing their new affiliate program, which is due out July, 2005. Zabang