Continued from page 1
8. Your goal is for viewer to CLICK on banner! A short one or two lines should be more than enough to accomplish your goal. Keep it simply but compelling.
9. Studies prove that using words "Click Here" work better than banners with same message but without call for action of "Click Here".
10. Name recognition is great if you have it to get folks to click on a banner. But if you are like most people you will do better if you stir their curiosity to get them to come visit your not-so-well known business, etc.
11. If your URL or email is short and easy to remember, use it on banner. Maybe they do not want to click and visit just then but will jot down info for a future visit to your web site.
12. Test Your Banners. If one banner message or design is not performing then try another. Keep testing different lines of text and color combinations till you find right mix for your individual situation.
13. Remember, banners with a combination of action phrases, such as Click Here, Submit, Press Here and graphic buttons to push are known to result in greater response.
Here are some FREE Banner Resources:
FREE Instant Online Banner Generator http://www.crecon.com/banners.html
The FREE Banner Generator http://www.coder.com/creations/banner/
MediaBuilder FREE 3D Text Maker http://www.3dtextmaker.com/
Additional FREE Banner Resources via Auto-Responder: mailto:email@example.com
FREE Banner Exchange Services:
Microsoft's bCentral (Formerly Link Exchange) http://www.bcentral.com/services/bn/default.asp
Banner Swap http://banner-swap.com/cgi-bin/adcclick.pl?fbcn
Additional Banner Exchange Services via Auto-Responder: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), located at: http://www.iab.net/, and member companies DoubleClick, http://www.doubleclick.com/, and MSN, http://www.msn.com/, released their individual studies on effectiveness of "branding" on Internet at a press conference in New York City, on Wednesday, July 18, 2001.
Additionally, CNET Networks, http://wwwcnet.com/, released information from a study done in conjunction with IntelliQuest, http://www.intelliquest.com/, which also examined brand effectiveness of online marketing.
Each study independently reinforces fact that online banner ads CAN BE used effectively for online branding.
And they confirmed that banner ads are best at 468x60.
So take advantage of these free resources to market and promote your web site for free. Because banners do bring traffic to your web site.
A.T.Rendon is an entrepreneur and published writer. Subscribe to FREE Business Classifieds Newsletter & receive FREE online access to our Password Protected "FREE Submit To Over 2.6 MILLION FREE Ad Sites!" mailto:email@example.com Visit us at: http://emailexchange.org/