Taking Control; Safeguarding the Distribution of Your Assets by Making A Will

Written by Miss Janine Byrne

Continued from page 1

c) If you are married with children you might assume that your spouse would receive everything. This is not alwaysrepparttar case, as brothers and sisters and often your children will also have a claim.

d) If you are a parent, you might assume that if anything were to happen to you that your closest relatives would be responsible forrepparttar 105604 care of your children. However,repparttar 105605 matter will need to be taken torepparttar 105606 Courts for them decide who should have custody, a process which can be very drawn out and distressing torepparttar 105607 parties involved. This particular consequence is of vital importance if you are a single parent or unmarried couple with children. Making a Will is invaluable by appointing Guardians to be responsible forrepparttar 105608 care of your children.

Failing to make a Will leaves control overrepparttar 105609 distribution of YOUR possessions and assets inrepparttar 105610 hands ofrepparttar 105611 State. Making a Will putsrepparttar 105612 control back in YOUR hands.

3. Inheritance Tax

The family home is oftenrepparttar 105613 main asset and withrepparttar 105614 increase in property values more and more people have been caught inrepparttar 105615 Inheritance Tax net. Failing to make a Will will result inrepparttar 105616 rules of Intestacy being applied and these will only provide forrepparttar 105617 minimum Inheritance Tax avoidance.

The UK legislation provides that assets up torepparttar 105618 value of £275,000 are exempt from Inheritance Tax and anything over this threshold will be taxed at 40%. When you add up everything you own – including personal items etc – you may find you are worth a substantial amount of money. In addition, you might be dismayed to discover that you also be liable to pay inheritance tax!

As an example, if your estate is worth £300,000, £25,000 of that will be taxable atrepparttar 105619 rate of 40% which will result in £10,000 worth of tax being payable!

Making a Will is one ofrepparttar 105620 best tax avoidance tools you can employ – in addition to others and utilisingrepparttar 105621 exemptions which are available.

Making a Will is probably one ofrepparttar 105622 last – and most important – undertakings you can do forrepparttar 105623 benefit of your family and those you love…failure to make one can have far reaching and dire consequences.

JsByrne LLB (Hons) LPc. www.Draft-Your-Will.com

Miss JsByrne holds a Bachelor of Law degree with Honours & a post-graduate diploma in Legal Practice. Also gained qualification in Wills Writing & is the owner/author of www.Draft-Your-Will.com and DYW Wills & Estate Planning Newsletter

How to File a claim for Celebrex injury

Written by Jefferson Highway, General Counsel

Continued from page 1

If you want to know whether you can file a claim againstrepparttar makers of Celebrex, you need to ask yourself 3 questions. Firstly, did you take Celebrex? Most good lawyers (a full list can be found on www.lawyersbench.com) will also accept cases where you have been taking other COX-2 inhibitors, (e.g.Vioxx or Bextra). You need to be able to show when you started and stopped taking Celebrex, andrepparttar 105603 dosage you were prescribed.

The second question is did you take Celebrex regularly? Regular Celebrex use is said to be linked to a much higher risk of stroke, heart attack, and other serious injuries because you will have simply had more ofrepparttar 105604 drug in your system.

The third question is did you suffer an injury while taking Celebrex or after taking it? If you suffered a heart attack, stroke, or other heart problem (requiring hospitalization or surgery), you may have an excellent chance of filing a successful claim. You need to be able to say what kind of injury you suffered (a stroke, heart attack, blood clots etc.), whenrepparttar 105605 injury happened, and if you were on Celebrex atrepparttar 105606 time ofrepparttar 105607 injury.

If you can answer all 3 questions successfully, you need a lawyer now.

Jeff writes articles on issues of concern to the general public, and contributes to www.lawyersbench.com the free site for legal advice and tips.

    <Back to Page 1
ImproveHomeLife.com © 2005
Terms of Use