Continued from page 1
Bids can start as low as 1 penny, and best strategy is to choose many less obvious keywords and bid as low as you can.
Pay-per-click search engines like GoTo UK (www.uk.goto.com) and Espotting (www.espotting.com) indirectly reach upwards of 70% of ALL UK search engine traffic (they sell their search results to search engines like Excite and Freeserve who incorporate them into their own searches).
This is a somewhat labour-intensive activity but is a great way to generate low-cost, targeted traffic. For more details visit
5) Set up an AFFILIATE PROGRAM (ADVANCED)
Set up (and manage) an affiliate program for your site. This would have potential to generate a lot of inbound links to your site, as well as to create an active sales-force. In return, affiliates would get paid a small commission for any sales or leads they provided. For more details visit
... Advice ends ==>
The advice above is aimed at a UK-based client who owns a shopping-related site (AND one who does not wish to have search-engine-friendly pages created). Whatever your site is about, however, there will always be important sites to get listed on (or swap links with) outside of major search engines; you just need to find them.
(For advice about creating search-engine friendly pages visit - http://www.shoptour.co.uk/go/good-keywords.html ) As I was to undertake this work myself, it was not necessary for me to provide suitable links (I just added a few (above) for benefit of this article). The following links are also useful:
* Free web site promotion guide - http://www.HowIPromoteMyWebsite.com
* Free 5-day search engine Masters course, by e-mail - mailto:1stSearchRanking.firstname.lastname@example.org
* Find important sites to get a link on; use this tool - http://www.marketleap.com/publinkpop/
* 8 Ways To Promote New Content On Your Website - http://shoptour.co.uk/webmaster-promote/promote-new-content.shtml
* 10 Simple Ways That You Can Promote Your Website - http://www.taurus-graphics.net/website_promotion.html
* Contact your customers via mobile phone text messaging - http://www.textmefree.com/free_sms_on_your_site.html
(And for those of you who really want to master web site promotion, single best resource without doubt would be newly revised ebook Make Your Site Sell! 2002 (MYSS! 2002), written by Dr Ken Evoy.
The 400 page traffic-building volume (one of four volumes in MYSS! 2002!) covers basics of website promotion together with pay-per-click-search-engines, affiliate programs and (importantly) it reveals web site promotion time-wasters, too. Unbeatable value. Invaluable.)
Yes, Christmas 2002 is coming. There is no need for concern, though; this article has shown you many ways that you can successfully promote your web site and take full advantage of this holiday festival. Just do *something* NOW!
Steve Nash is webmaster at HowIPromoteMyWebsite.com . He also edits a bi-monthly newsletter called Promote! Promote! Promote! Subscribe and get 2 free gifts. mailto:email@example.com And you can buy the excellent (and MUST-read) MYSS! 2002 at http://myss.sitesell.com/shopping101.html