Continued from page 1
13. Use HUMOUR. People like to have a bit of fun with occasional laugh, whilst being informed on a serious subject. At least I believe so!
14. Write from "your heart", so that you come across as a REAL person. Just write what comes naturally with INTEGRITY...and BE YOURSELF.
15. Be totally honest in your writing and don't "borrow" too much from others content. It's so easy to "steal" on www - so do your own work and if you "borrow ideas or material, ACKNOWLEDGE. "Incidentally, I have borrowed some ideas in this article from some good writers and well-known internet marketers - thanks a lot, David, Michael, John, Meredith, Joe and Edward).
16. Be humble…and don't talk down to your readers.
17. Use bullets (not live, please) in your articles - it makes points easy to follow.
18. Don't forget your byline ...or your "business card". Make sure that you resource box at end of article provides enough information to identify yourself and provide contact information. It's FREE advertising.
19. Offer a free report with your article - this is an easy way to collect a list of adresses for marketing your product(s). An instant target market.
20. Check all links in your article before submitting it.
21. Offer your articles by autoresponder
22. Conclude with a strong message. Your final point (and paragraph) should be a message that summarises your article or gets your reader to take further action, like "GET STARTED" (as I've done in this article).
23. Finally, make sure your layout is good (not one of my strong points!), as this greatly enhances your prospects of getting published Use a spell-check. Go over your article carefully and be an editor yourself.
24. Make sure your article flows properly.
25. Re-read and re-read, until you get it "just right." "Aim for perfection, but settle for excellence" in your article writing.
The internet is such an amazing medium for communication and SHARING information. I've just submitted this article and it's been published almost instaneously (big word!) in a few places. So YOU TOO can write articles on yourchosen subject in your internet marketing efforts. MORE TRAFFIC = INCREASED SALES
Writers and internet marketers - Grab this moment in history well. "Carpe diem" (seize moment!).
Why not start writing articles for www in 2002?
A New Year is a new beginning.
YOU CAN DO IT.
Craig Lock Creative Writing Course http://www.nzenterprise.com/writer/creative.html Craig's first five books are available at: http://www.nzenterprise.com/writer/books.html