Continued from page 1
6. What a good feeling to feel like this and know that feeling is really mine. Knowing what you feel and living in moment will add much enjoyment to your life. We ARE our feelings, and more we're able to let them into awareness and accept them fully, richer our lives will be, and more US we'll be. If you can't experience your sadness, you can't experience your joy. And don't let someone else's feelings get mixed up with yours. Just because your spouse is having a down day doesn't mean you have to. Just because your co-worker hates his job doesn't mean you have to. Know your feelings and know that they're really yours.
7. A girl can some day be a woman, and a boy can some day be a man. Yup!
8. You know, playing at computer's different from watching a television program. You can bring your own ideas to whatever happens on computer, and your ideas are special. So are you! I think computer is most wonderful medium for self-expression we've had since crayons and manila paper! I'm watching clients, friends and loved ones blossom and grow through Internet -- learning new things, making new cyber-friends, trying new things, and extending and enriching their lives. It's a great way to share you, who are special, and your ideas too.
9. Some are fancy on outside/Some are fancy on inside/Everybody's fancy/Everybody's fine/Discovering each one's specialty/Is most important learning. Discover and develop ways in which you're special. You'll reach a higher, more consistent level of performance, feel a deeper sense of satisfaction, and be able to share your real gifts with world. (See Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Focus on Your Strengths at http://www.topten.org/public/AB/AB100.html.)
10. If you've got a plan/Now's time to try it/If you've got an airplane/Fly it/This is just day. When will you start that new career? Ask that woman to marry you? Hug your child? Get online? Have baby you've been wanting? Find work that feeds your passion? Quit drinking? Stop smoking? Write a teacher who meant a lot to you in past? This is just day!
Susan Dunn is a personal and professional growth coach, specializing in emotional intelligence. You can visit her on the web at http://www.susandunn.cc.