Continued from page 1
Frank Candy, American Speakers Bureau, http://www.speakersbureau.com looks at online articles from agent’s perspective. "It [posting articles] absolutely works to position yourself as an expert in marketplace. The problem with Internet is, there’s too much fluffy stuff out there. Getting your articles widely placed lets people see depth of your knowledge."
Speaker and public relations professional, Michele Wierzgac says, "Writing assures that I spend more time refining my message. My two monthly columns expose me to 300,000 readers every month. And that leads to more speaking opportunities." She credits her articles with broadening her niche much faster than she expected. http://www.micheleandco.com
Speaking to aviation industry accounts for over 30% of Ralph Hood’s speaking dates. An added bonus comes from turning columns into books sold from his website http://www.ralphhood.com When he started speaking full time (1985) he didn’t want to waste his career connections. So he stays visible as a columnist for six monthly trade publications.
To quote him, "Being a columnist doesn’t eliminate marking, but it’s an extremely helpful part of it. And they pay me for each column - besides them showing I’m an expert."
Package your Content for Web
It’s often said, "On Internet, content is king." As a speaker, you’ve got content - up to your knees in it. You can pass it out all day long (and often do). Your challenge isn’t what to write about, but deciding what to do with articles once they’re written.
Develop your Customized List of Places to Post Articles (besides well-known article directories):
1. Search Google for your name or company. Any website already mentioning you is probably willing to receive your fresh material
2. Websites/ezines of companies or groups where you’ve spoken
3. Anywhere you’ve sent promotional material " your prospects. Use in your own ezine or as a stand-alone, "Thought you’d be interested" piece
4. Search Google for your field or targeted niche. In Search Within Results box type "Submit articles," for a list of places receptive to submissions
5. Places that publish any article of yours receive future ones
6. Identify a prolific article writer who speaks to your same market. Search on their name, and submit your material to places where their articles appear
As you routinely send articles, they’ll begin appearing in places besides where you submitted. And it just keeps building... Discover how to maximize power of articles at http://www.promotewitharticles.com Or if you want rewards without effort, let me write and submit your articles for you http://www.promotewitharticles.com/system.html
No more back burner! Start sending out samples of your message, and let them do your selling for you. ©2005, Lynella Grant
--Dr. Lynella Grant Consultant and Author - Promote yourself, business, website, or book with online articles http://www.promotewitharticles.com Free how-to. Or let me write and submit your articles online for you. No learning curves (719)395-9450