Continued from page 1
5. Purchase ink-jet or toner refills for your printer. Instead of purchasing new printer cartridges, look for refill kits. Refilling printer cartridges can be significantly cheaper, and require less resources than new cartridges. When purchasing a new ink jet or laser printer, be sure cartridges accept biodegradable inks.
6. Plant a garden. Growing your own fruits and vegetables can be a rewarding, inexpensive experience for yourself and your family. Gardening also saves money at grocery store, offers fresher produce, and increases nation’s food supply. If you live in an apartment, consider planting a windowsill herb garden.
7. Participate in Internet banking. Internet banking (and on-line bill payment) is a great way to reduce amount of monthly paperwork received by U.S. mail. With great progressions in on-line security, Internet banking is a safe, reliable way to review statements and make payments. A free service for many customers, visit your bank’s web site to find out if Internet banking/on-line bill payment is available.
8. Install timers on outdoor lighting. Purchasing and installing timers for outdoor lighting fixtures is an effective, inexpensive way to conserve electricity. Dusk-to-dawn or motion timers will keep your lights from staying lit after daybreak. Timers are also great for indoor lighting and televisions.
9. Replace furnace filters regularly. Although typically a home maintenance reminder, replacing furnace filters every six months can help maintain efficiency of your furnace, conserving energy. Filters that aren’t changed regularly can become clogged with debris, causing your furnace to operate longer than necessary.
10. Pass this list to a friend. The best way to fortify environment is to spread of knowledge that will increase efforts to protect it. Share this helpful reminder list with a friend, or e-mail it to colleagues and friends. An increased awareness will ensure America’s future environment is healthy and strong.
Jim D. Ray is a parapsychologist with a diverse background in multiple subject concentrations, including business, psychology and parapsychology, criminal justice, philosophy, education, internet technology, physics, and vocal performance arts. Jim can be reached by e-mail at: email@example.com.