Set Up Your Own Blog FreeWritten by Jim Edwards
Continued from page 1
So if you're publishing family blog, this one might offer more of user-friendly options you need.
The one drawback to using free services always comes back to age-old saying, "You get what you pay for!"
These free blog services come with virtually zero customer support, so if you can't figure it out on your own, good luck finding anyone to assist you.
If you don't mind paying $5 a month, you can get a full- featured weblog at TypePad.com that offers a decent level of customer support.
The blogs available here offer many more features than Blogger or MSN, but also require you to understand a bit more about blogging's more advanced features like "trackback links" and "pinging" blog directories to let them know you've updated your blog (so others can come take a look at your new material).
Regardless of whether you choose free or paid option, using a hosted blogging solution rates best when getting started.
However, once your blog really starts to take off and you find you need more "bells and whistles," you may want to consider upgrading to a more sophisticated blogging solution.
For a free video that explains "trackbacks" and more, check out:
-=-=-==-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Need MORE TRAFFIC to your website or affiliate links? "Turn Words Into Traffic" reveals secrets for driving Thousands of NEW visitors to your website or affiliate links... without spending a dime on advertising! Click Here> http://www.the-easy-way.com/traffic.html
Jim Edwards is a syndicated newspaper columnist and the co-author of an amazing new ebook that will teach you how to use fr^e articles to quickly drive thousands of targeted visitors to your website, affiliate links, or blogs... http://www.the-easy-way.com/traffic.html
Offline Promotion: Undervalued OpportunityWritten by Alex Polonski
Continued from page 1
2. Usage of Site’s URL on company’s souvenirs, proposals etc. This specific method can be applied mainly to a marketing strategy of a company that runs its operations offline. Since little souvenirs with company’s logo became a kind of good form in business, no one would argue that having an URL of a Website of a company you are going to deal with on pen that company has presented you recently could be both pleasant and useful. Moreover, it is more likely that a person will visit your site if he finds its URL placed on clock or a calendar on his table rather than if he would need to look for it in his documents or in a search engine.
Company’s correspondence is also a good medium to advertise your Website. Don’t forget to include URL in all your letters and proposals, and people who are interested in such services will definitely spend several minutes to browse your Website.
3. Usage of site’s URL on different occasions. That’s what is usually defined as word-of-mouth effect. You can include URL of your Website into all your press release and articles about your company that you publish in prints. That will definitely make people who are interested in further info about your company to browse site. It can be also interviews or just private conversations when you can advertise Website. And if it’s really informational and useful, you can expect a great effect of viral marketing when people will promote your Website yourself. In fact, although it seems easiest way to proceed, it’s most difficult and long-term technique to get more or less sizable result. However, it’s worth trying.
What’s next…Although now you can think that offline promotion of your Website will be a cure, do not fall into a trip of thoughtless running of advertising campaigns. This simple algorithm can save your time and money if you use it.
As a conclusion, try to think from a position of your target group. That will make you able to produce most efficient message and distribute it wisely.
- Define your target group. Will they really take care about your Website if they see an offline advertisement?
- Think how you can reach their attention. Whether it should be TV or radio ads, billboards or bags and T-shirts, souvenir pens, calendars etc.?
- Define where you’ll place/distribute final advertising mediums.
- Think what message will make people curious enough to visit your Website.
- Prepare a draft copy and test it on some of your acquaintances.
- When an ideal copy will be developed, you can start your campaign.
Just several tips…And if you’ll think from a position of your target group, you’ll understand that you should make everything for them to memorize your Website’s URL. This applies mainly to if you wish to try to place your ads onto T-shirts, caps, bags, cars, billboards etc. There are tree main tips to make it easy:
About long URL’s. Imagine a person with a text on T-shirt, ‘THE-BEST-ONLINE-COMMUNITY-IN-THE-WORLD.COM’ or a shorter one, ‘PLAY-BLUES-HARMONICA.INFO’. Although those URL’s are meaningful enough, it would be hard to people that pass by such ad to read and memorize it. Hence, you loose visitors. It would be much better if you use a short type such as e.g. ‘NEIGHBOUR.COM’, or ‘BLUESHARP.INFO’. Anyway, if your Website is already known online with its long clumsy name, you can register a shorter one and redirect visitors to a real site.
- Do not use long URL’s
- Use meaningful URL’s
- Try to make people curious with a logo or design
If you aren’t an owner of such companies like Procter&Gamble (PG.com) or KPMG (KPMG.com), unlikely it would be good for you to name your site something like ‘BDFR.com’. People won’t remember such set of letters, so you won’t benefit from your offline promotion.
Although if you can’t use an URL name that will explain main topic of your Website, you still can get targeted visitors. Place this URL along with a logo or informational design. It will certainly lead to a higher attention to your ad and subsequently will increase a targeted traffic to Website. As for logo style, it can appeal to two main issues:
Whatever style you choose that will define a quality of traffic you’ll get.
- It can lead to people’s curiosity;
- It can be informational.
And at end…At end, you should really think if offline promotion can help you increase your site’s traffic and make it more targeted. It’s obvious that not any Website can use it. However, if you believe that yours can, if you apply an algorithm mentioned above, if you take care and adjust your URL to those three tips, if you use various techniques you’ll definitely be able to say then that your site’s visitors are as targeted as you always dreamt for.
Alex Polonski is a Senior Sales Manager at XITEX Software Company, Ukraine. The company works in offshore software development market since 1999 anв has a fair expertise in J2EE and .NET technologies. Among company’s own-developed and marketed solutions, one can see a J2EE content management system, Xitex WebContent M1.