Continued from page 1
4. In each issue, offer a TESTIMONIAL from one of your book purchasers.
Let your readers know that many other people just like them ARE buying your book and LOVE it. Idea: Create a small section in your e-zine for this purpose. In each issue, feature a short testimonial from one of your readers here.
Example: "What 'Beauty Blastoff' Readers Are Saying: 'I can't tell you how much your book has helped me improve my appearance. Thanks to your tips, I've lost 20 pounds, cleared up my skin, and rid of all my unwanted hair. Now my rich ex-husband even wants me back. You're a saint!' -- Suzy Smitten, Los Angeles, Calif.
5. Offer your readers a SPECIAL DISCOUNT for a limited time.
Make your readers feel special by offering them a special discount on your book when you can. For best response rates, make it a limited time offer to lend a sense of urgency. I did this with my manual when it first came out and got great results.
Example: "For Subscribers Only: Buy my book before midnight this Friday and receive a 20% discount!"
If you can't give your subscribers a discount, offer something else to make them feel special, such as a bonus report or free phone consultation with their purchase.
6. Mention your book in as many other places as possible in your e-zine.
Bottom line: The more you mention your book, higher your chances they'll buy. While your opportunities are endless, here are a few ideas to start with:
- in your masthead (This is where you give reader info about your publication - usually at very top.)
- in your editor's or publisher's note (This is where you give a personal note to your readers.)
- in your article (If you mention a certain point that you cover wonderfully in your book, say so!)
7. To attract even more prospects, advertise your e-zine in your everyday e-mail SIGNATURE FILE.
You know what a signature (or "sig") file is, right? It's that little blurb with contact info that you can automatically insert at end of every e-mail you send. Besides your obvious contact information, give a quick plug for your book AND e-zine.
Why? Well, if you just advertise your book, some people will read your sig file and think, "That's cool, but I don't want to buy anything right now." BUT if you advertise your FREE e-zine, they'll likely take advantage of your offer. THEN you've got them on your list.
Example: Here's what I have at END of my sig file, after my contact information: "BOOST BUSINESS by publishing your own e-mail newsletter! Learn how now -- sign up for FREE how-to tips at http://www.ezinequeen.com/"
Alexandria K. Brown, "The E-zine Queen," is author of theaward-winning manual, "Boost Business With Your Own E-zine." To learn more about her book and sign up for more FREE tipslike these, visit her site at http://www.ezinequeen.com/