Continued from page 1
Sound like home, if so than practical, less fussy is direction to go.
There are endless ways to make your room function well and still have great style.
A few ideas might include:
1) Durable easy clean fabrics, like removable, washable slipcovers
2) Baskets or plastic stacking crates are perfect for remotes, DVDíS, CDís and games. This makes for easy pick up at end of day, or when company suddenly shows up.
3) Possibly fewer pieces in room, giving you more floor space.
Tip: Look for pieces that will serve double duty. Many ottomans today have build in storage, do you get extra seating plus some place to stash things quick.
4) Large floor pillows for TV or movie watching (kids, for some reason love laying on floor).
5) If space permits, a table and chairs for playing games, doing craft or homework projects.
6) Washable latex paint for easy clean up.
The final step is to be realistic about your list of changes. Choose things that fit comfortably into your current budget, overtime more things can be done.
So for right now, just remember, simple savvy changes can make a big difference
This article is shareware.† Give this article away for free on your site, or include it as part of any paid package as long as entire article is left intact including this notice.† Copyright © 2005 bonnie carrier
Bonnie P. Carrier is the creator of Savvy Home Decorating & Savvy Outdoor Decorating. She is the mother to two grown daughters and a very spoiled 4yr old Blue Merle Sheltie named Toby. Stop by both site for indoor and outdoor decorating ideas. www.savvy-home-decorating.com www.savvyhomedecorating.com