Continued from page 1
An effective email security solution must address all aspects of controlling access to electronically stored company financial information. This includes access during transport as well as access to static information resident at company or on a remote site or machine. Given wide functionality of email, as well as broad spectrum of threats that face email systems, ensuring appropriate information access control for all of these points requires:
- A capable policy enforcement mechanism to set rules in accordance with each company’s systems of internal controls;
- Encryption capabilities to ensure privacy and confidentiality through secure and authenticated transport and delivery of email messages;
- Secure remote access to enable remote access for authorized users while preventing access from unauthorized users;
- Anti-spam and anti-phishing technology to prevent malicious code from entering a machine and to prevent private information from being provided to unauthorized parties
For years, corporations addressed their various email security needs through a mixture of third-party software “solutions” designed to address specific areas of vulnerability. Today, however, this approach is ineffective. New amorphous threats adapt to even latest security technology, helping hackers and spammers stay a step ahead of most stand-alone protective measures. System administrators remain in a reactionary mode, waiting for next attack and hoping their mixed bag of security software is up to test. The new challenges posed to email security demand a new approach that protects enterprises from all types of malicious attacks. Enter CipherTrust’s IronMail.
IronMail and Sarbanes-Oxley IronMail has been created to protect organizations from both known and unknown email security attacks. IronMail offers automatic or manual updates to protect against both known and newly discovered email security threats and vulnerabilities, and comprehensive messaging security provided by IronMail assists organizations in key areas of maintaining effective internal controls. Specific financial information threats and vulnerabilities protected by IronMail include:
- Viruses, worms, and other malicious code
- Internal users and external hackers attacking email systems
- System failures from malicious attacks that can lead to subsequent legal liabilities
- Unintentional or malicious information access or exposure
IronMail provides a comprehensive solution to Sarbanes-Oxley information integrity requirements as they relate to protecting corporate financial information that is transmitted and stored via email. Everything from message privacy/encryption to email firewall and intrusion protection to content filtering is included in IronMail solution.
Take Next Step Learn more about how IronMail helps organizations ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance by visiting www.ciphertrust.com or requesting CipherTrust’s free whitepaper, “Contributing to Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance with IronMail”.
CipherTrust is the leader in anti-spam and email security. Learn more by downloading our free whitepaper, “Contributing to Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance with IronMail” or by visiting www.ciphertrust.com.