Continued from page 1
6. Check Keywords Tag. Once again, does it contain all your keywords and in order of importance and relevance? Always try to place most relevant keywords first and never, ever place any irrelevant keywords. This does actually negatively affect your rankings!
7. Make use of ALT Text. Always try to make use of your keywords in ALT text of images on your site. Not only does it help people that can’t display pictures, but it also increases occurrence of your keywords on site and we all know what that means!
8. Check your body text. You guessed it! Does it contain enough instances of your keywords? You should also consider following: •Does your body text contain enough content? •Is your body text human-readable? •Does page have excess HTML markup which could be removed?
9. Linking pages. Do all pages in your site link to each other? It has been said that you should be able to access every single page within site with no more than two clicks. I don’t know if this is strictly correct, but principle is definitely sound!
10. Promoting your site. The old adage “We have built it, so they will come” does not hold true in this scenario. We really have to promote our site and make sure that we will get visitors. Here are a couple of things that you should ask yourself: •Does site have a site map? (Something I still need to do for mom2me.com) •Is it possible to issue a press release about this new web site? •Can you submit this new site to web directories? •Could you mention your new site on relevant web forums? •Could you trade reciprocal links with similar web pages?
I really wish you all best in your efforts in getting that new site up and generating traffic. If you have any questions, I will gladly help where I can, but as I recently discovered, I am by no means an authority! Sometimes it is worthwhile to call in cavalry! (Professionals)
Werner Coetzee Mom2me.com