Continued from page 1
Since most bodybuilders know what to do, I suggest for rest of us, a protein shake between breakfast and lunch or between lunch and dinner. The time you choose depends on when you have longest period of fasting. For me, it's between lunch and dinner, so my shake comes around 3pm.
Part Two -- Start an exercise program, with first week involving nothing but stretching major muscle groups. Stretching increases tonal stimulation to muscles (tone) causing them to burn more calories at rest. Plus it protects against injuries.
2. Week Two -- Start dieting by replacing 1/2 of a meal with same protein shake from last week. Do this for 1 week.
3. Week Three -- Replace one whole meal with a protein shake. Change mixture of shake to 60% whey and 40% casein proteins. For most people, this comes out to about a 500 calorie reduction.
4. Week Four -- Reduce caloric intake by another 250 calories. I suggest adding a second protein shake, made up of same 60:40 mix and use it to replace 1/2 of a another meal.
Record amount of weight you're losing. Never let it reach a rate of more than 4 pounds per week (that's double what I normally recommend).
5. Week Five -- Repeat week four.
6. Week Six -- Add back last 250 calories you dropped and stop drinking second shake. End Result
You could lose up to 12 to 18 pounds on average in 6 weeks. The exact amount depends on many factors including exercise.
Quick Weight Loss Summary:
Don't do it. Fast weight loss inevitably will lead to future weight gain. Just don't do it. But, if you do, at least follow my steps, healthiest steps to fast weight loss.
To Healthy Living!
Michael A. Smith, MD Chief Medical Consultant Diet Basics
Dr. Smith is the Chief Medical Consultant for Diet Basics, a website dedicated to on-line dieters.