Continued from page 1
My original plan was to write an article about steps that parents can to protect their children from pornography and pedophiles. While looking for information, I found a couple of good articles and resources that provide great information for parents. Instead of recreating wheel, I'm providing following links for parents to learn more about what they can do to protect their kids when their kids are online.
1. 2005 Software Review of Parental Control and Internet Filtering Software http://internet-filter-review.toptenreviews.com/?ttreng=1&ttrkey=internet+filter
2. Home Internet Filters - Steps Parents Can Take At Home For Filtering Content http://www.northstar.k12.ak.us/safety/filters.html
3. Parental Control and Internet Child Safety http://www.protectkids.org/
4. Wired Kids - Online Safety Project for Kids and Teens http://www.wiredkids.org/
5. NetSmartz Workshop - Interactive games and activities to teach kids what to watch for online to protect themselves. http://www.netsmartz.org/
6. Parents Can Make Internet Safer for Kids - Article in Honolulu Advertiser http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2004/Oct/19/tc/tc08p.html
7. SafeKids - Making Technology and Internet safe for Families http://www.safekids.com/
8. GetNetWize - The GetNetWise coalition wants Internet users to be only "one click away" from resources they need to make informed decisions about their family's use of Internet. http://kids.getnetwise.org/
Aaron Hyde is a consultant with the 280Group, http://www.280group.com, with over 17 years of industry experience. He homeschools and is the founder of HomeSchoolExpo, http://www.homeschoolexpo.com. HomeSchoolExpo is a new auction site for connecting homeschoolers who want to buy and sell homeschooling books and resources. HomeSchoolExpo also provides store hosting for family friendly businesses.