Continued from page 1
5. Personalized responses Do you receive feedback from your subscribers or visitors? Respond to them personally and they will see that you are a real person that not only cares about their needs and wants, but understands their needs and wants.
6. Feedback Offer your subscribers ability to offer feedback and ask questions, both on your web site and through email. You want to be approachable or they will keep searching.
7. Free Exposure Offer your readers opportunity to advertise themselves. If you focus entirely on yourself, your business, your web site, etc., you will cause your readers to feel you are so stuck on yourself that you have no idea what is going on around you. People always love to talk about themselves, let your readers do so - they will appreciate you for it.
8. Keep it Resourceful People vary. Some like philosophical articles, some how-to. Some like quick tips. Some like contests. Whoever your subscribers are, they are most likely all looking for something that they can get out of your ezine (preferably for free). Give them something resourceful. Give them something that they can use to better themselves and/or their business or whatever their interest. Help them grow and they will be more likely to be receptive to what you publish.
9. Give them something free Just like #9 above, offer free stuff to your subscribers. Let them have a "taste" of what you are offering. If you truly are an ethical personal offering valuable products or services, they will be back. 10. Contests & Specials What benefit is it to your subscribers to remain subscribed to your ezine? Offer them subscriber-only specials or contests. They will want to view next publication to see if they have won anything or to see what they can get for free or reduced prices
This is by far, not an exhaustive list, but hopefully it will get you thinking as to how to keep your audience.
To sum it all up - Think of your audience first and they will remember you.
Deborah Anderson is the editor of Webmaster Tips Weekly http://www.andersoncreations.com/subscribe.shtml and she provides the "Web Tips" column for use in ezines and web sites across the internet - free. Subscribe free to WebTipsDigest to receive 7 Web Tips per week for your free use. Visit http://Webmaster-Tips-Weekly.com/webtips