Continued from page 1
5) Be patient! With hundreds of thousands of sites out there, it takes time and efforts to find and choose web sites for reciprocal links. Keep working.
6) If another webmaster asks you to exchange link, give him an answer. If you deny, explain why. If you like content of that web site then add link. Every link is useful.
7) Exchange as many links as you can. Donít be afraid to swap links with competitor websites. This is not going to hurt your business. World wide web is a huge area. Internet has space for everyone.
8) Don't remove your link without contacting webmaster of other site first. Some webmasters agree to exchange reciprocal links, add your link on their site and after a few days/weeks they remove it without noticing you. You should check site of your partner every now to see if he's keeping his part of deal. If he is not, contact guy and kindly ask him to explain why your link has disappeared. If you don't get a satisfactory explanation, remove link to his site from your site and find another partner.
9) Prefer text links rather than graphics as this would be more search engine friendly. If you want to make your site more impressive and satisfy your partner, add a graphic link too, but donít overdo it.
10) Your reciprocal link request is more likely to be taken seriously if you have your own domain! Some webmasters may not even wish to trade reciprocal links with websites with URLs based on other providers' domains, fearing sites are not high quality. If you are serious about your website, consider getting your own domain. It costs some money, but cash spent is well worth it when you realize how much better your website will be perceived in eyes of your visitors.
Never forget Ö The traffic that reciprocal links generate is FREE!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------- Author: Computer Work At Home Careers
If you are willing to work at home with your computer and follow a very simple and straightforward plan of action, you too can take control of your financial situation and say goodbye to corporate ladder. Work at home with your computer. Build your own home business and increase your income.
James Elliot is the webmaster of Computer Work At Home Careers http://computer-work-at-home-careers.com