Continued from page 1
12. Attitude: A good attitude will allow you to turn any bad situation into a learning experience. Staying positive and surrounding yourself with friends that share a positive attitude will help you succeed.
13. Make Best of Each Day: Make most of every day and accomplish something - even if it’s something small. Every baby step counts towards your success.
14. Set Daily Goals: Setting daily goals keeps you on track. Seeing your progress will help keep you going.
15. Accept Responsibility: You will have help in many instances; however, bottom line is that you are responsible for choices you will make.
16. Be Open to Improvement: Accept that you do not have all answers and more importantly, be open to recommendations from other people.
17. Paint a Picture: A great way to keep working toward your goal is to picture what it will look like when you are successful.
18. Identify Procrastinations: If you have a problem with procrastination, make a list of distractions you routinely choose, so you can recognize when you are off course and get back on track.
19. Want versus Need: Do it because you want it, not because you need it. When you want something, it requires and creates intention, desire, and action – all powerful tools for being successful (doing something out of need usually leads to pain, stress, and frustration).
20. Believe in yourself: Your confidence is what will get you through challenges.
21. Be Efficient: Use your time and effort wisely.
22. Have Balance in your Life: Make time for both hard work and pleasure.
23. Have Fun: Fun is a crucial element of success, but one that often forgotten once we get into process. Find fun and joy in what you are doing, even in midst of challenges.
Copyright 2004-2005, Cecile Peterkin
Cecile Peterkin is a Certified Career Coach, Retirement Coach and Speaker. With over 17 years of managerial, leadership, empowerment counseling and personal development experience, Cecile specializes in helping Middle Managers overcome the “Middle Syndrome” of being stuck in a middle position in mid-life. To learn more about Cecile, visit her website at http://www.cosmiccoachingcentre.com or call 416-782-5001, Toll-free:1-866-486-4112.