Continued from page 1
2. Weight regain results from a slower metabolism brought about by breakdown of muscle tissue. The weight you gain back is all fat, replacing lean tissue (muscle) that was lost due to diet shock. You're actually worse off then you were before starting diet.
In order for you to lose weight and keep it off, you must make your diet work by adding five simple solutions. As a whole, five solutions will prevent diet shock and weight regain. Without 5 simple solutions, weight regain is inevitable.
Five Simple Solutions for Losing Weight and Keeping it Off
1. Keep, tone, and build muscle through resistance exercises using resistance bands.
This is an easy way to, at least, tone muscle. Additionally, I teach a little trick that can actually tone muscle faster, in about half normal time. It's simple and quick with one training session lasting only 30 minutes.
2. Add more protein and raw vegetables to your diet.
Just keep your total protein intake under 1.5 grams per kg of body weight (1 pound=2.2 kg).
3. Shape your weight loss goals and cycle your diet.
On average, you can double your chance for weight loss success by doing applying two techniques (based on research collected from my patients).
4. Exchange it, couple it, and combine it.
Three more techniques to almost guarantee your success at losing weight AND keeping it off.
5. Follow a maintenance plan to keep it off (it's almost like a separate diet).
The simple maintenance plan that I developed is an absolute requirement for successful prevention of weight regain.
Don't even try to diet without applying these simple solutions. For details, check out my site at URL given in my Bio section.
To Healthy Living!
Michael A. Smith, MD
Chief Medical Consultant
Diet Basics Website
Dr. Michael A. Smith trained and studied weight management at The University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. The information Dr. Smith publishes is considered by many in the medical field to be a glimpse into the future of weight management. Visit his website and read about his amazing new dieting plan Make Your Diet Work!