Continued from page 1
3. Do you have to purchase special food, drugs, or supplements?
4. Does program encourage you to be physically active, follow a specific physical activity plan, or provide exercise instruction?
5. Does program provide information on how to make positive and healthy behavior changes?
6. Is program sensitive to your lifestyle and cultural needs?
Does product or program carry any risks?
1. Are there risks related to following program's eating or exercise plans?
2. Are there risks related to using recommended drugs or supplements?
3. Do participants talk with a medical professional?
4. Does a medical professional oversee program?
5. Will program providers work with your personal health care provider if you have a medical condition or are taking prescribed medications?
How much does program cost?
1. What is total cost of program?
2. Are there recurring costs such as weekly attendance fees, costs of food and supplement purchases, etc?
3. Are there additional fees for a follow-up program or to re-enter program for follow-up after you lose weight?
4. Are there additional fees for medical tests?
What results do participants typically have?
1. How much weight does an average participant lose and how long have they kept off all or part of their weight?
2. Can program provide references?
Armed with this information you should be better equipped to avoid anyone touting empty promises or those that can't sustain long term results.
Kim Beardsmore is a weight loss consultant. This medically program will help you burn fat, boost energy and block cravings. Tons of articles, recipes, tools, nutrition and resources to help you lose weight. Estimate your healthy body weight, free newsletter and more at http://www.weight-loss-health.com.au