Continued from page 1
8. Stay Healthy - Dust off your rollerblades, strap a pillow across your bottom and hit pavement. Or surprise your children and dog with a nice long walk.
7. Organize, organize, organize! If you're spending hours each week sorting through piles of paper, looking for receipts or "to do" lists, that is wasted time and unnecessary frustration. Sweep Magic 8 ball, empty jar of peanuts, Slinky, and Snickers wrapper off your desk right now. You can do it!
6. Save Money - As Benjamin Franklin wrote in Poor Richard's Almanac "A penny saved is a penny earned." Work at home moms know how hard it can be to earn a penny. So, do everything you can to save those hard-earned cents.
5. Time Management - Don't let Time Stealers make you work any longer than you need to. When you're sitting in front of your computer or talking on phone, that is time away from your children. Always remember your "why". WHY are you working from home? If reason is to spend more time with your kids, then figure out how to make that happen!
4. Learn and Learn some More! - Find a mentor or someone who you like way they handle their business. Network with other moms who are successful, take online classes, or hire a coach. Invest in yourself and you'll invest in your business.
3. Play with your Kids - Whether you sit down to play a board game, or drive Hot Wheels around carpet, there's always fun to be had. If you need some ideas, check out wwwShowKidsTheFun.com
2. Keep your sense of humor. Laugh every day! Turn off your computer, put in your copy of The Village People "YMCA" (I know you have one) and Dance! Dance! Dance!
and number one way to stay sane as a Work at Home Mom .....
1. Always remember "The days are long, but years are short." Although it oftentimes feels like days drag by as a work at home mom, remember that years are flying by. It's that reminder that keeps me grounded on days when projects are heavy and beach is calling.
If you're looking for me, you can find me at beach!
Nicole Dean is the mostly-sane Mom behind http://www.showmomthemoney.com - helping WAHMs Succeed. If you want to be a successful and mostly-sane work at home mom, too, don't miss Nicole's free tutorial at http://www.showmomthemoney.com/free-tutorial.htm