Continued from page 1
- Accuracy: To avoid errors and provide relevant data! This is most important, don't ever try to fool searchengines with tricks and spamming, it will strike back fast, and your site could be banned! That would cause real hangover.
How do you really get your site top ranked you might ask? If I was to pick one single item it would read: POPULARITY!
- Hrm.. What? POPULARITY? This is just what we are trying to gain by submitting to your-highness-index! You ask me to be popular without anyone knowing me???
- But that's ridiculous, are you saying that sites that everybody already know of and are linking to get highest ranking??
- I think I'm getting the-web-promotion-catch-22-hangover!
So you see, patience comes very handy again.
First see to it that people get to your site and LINK TO IT, then get better ranking and attract more visitors that link to you and then .... It's not done over night!
- Can you buy high ranking?
- Yes, some sites PROMISE you a top 10 ranking with their program, this sounds great, but what happens if they get 11 customers?
Now, I can feel you are urging me for some advice of how to get around all this, and get off winding road and onto highway.
OK, here are some hints: - Write an article like this one, maybe it will get published with a link to your site as a reward. - Spend some money on advertising, there are lots of eZines (like this one) offering ads at low prices. - Join a free email list or buy a "professional" list - Join a link or banner exchange program, many of them are free. - Tell your friends (or email them), and ask them to link to your site. - Join a webring (on Yahoo you can find quite a few). - Get listed at Yahoo! This is a chapter of its own, you can read about it on my tutorial pages. - If you have some more money, get an affiliate program for your site. - And, of course use promotion-service on our site, it's free.
Johan Oun, systems developer at Zicom Data responsible for the development of our site http://www.topsitepromote.com