Continued from page 1
6) Refer a Friend: People love recommending good things to their friends and family. So why not give them chance to tell someone about your website? This is an easy feature to add to your site. Once you sign up with your chosen service, you paste a few lines of HTML code they give you onto your page and you're done. This is a form of viral marketing, and it works great.
7) Newsletter/Ezine: If you're going to have a website you must publish an ezine. Yep, sorry, hate to break it to you, but if you want to bring people back to your site and remind them of your existence you need to offer an ezine. Luckily, you don't need to set up a tricky list server; use one of free services below.
http://www.egroups.com (my personal favorite) http://www.topcia.com http://www.listbot.com
To learn more about ezine publishing go to
http://www.ezineuniversity.com http://www.absoluteezines.com http://www.ezine-z.com
8) Autoresponders: Remember fax-on-demand? Well, autoresponders work like that but come directly to your email box instead of your fax machine. You'll find many uses for them: from listing your products or services with current pricing, to offering back issues of your ezine. You can even use them to set up a scheduled training course on any topic you choose.
You'll find plenty of free autoresponders if you take a look, like:
9) Promotional Items: Once your website is built you'll need a few items on hand to help promote it.
a) Press Release- Keep it short & newsworthy, 4 paragraphs tops b) Descriptions of your Site- Long and short for search engines and directories c) Banners- animated & static, 468X60 and maybe a button banner d) Classified Ads- Write a few short ads, 4 or 5 lines, 60 to 65 characters wide to use for online advertising in ezines. e) Signature Lines: write a few good signature lines and use them on every piece of email that you send out. Try to include something free in it.
If you'd like all of these things made for you in one neat package see:
Business cards can be made for just cost of shipping at http://www.vistaprint.com
10) Toll Free Number: If you don't want to add another phone line in your house for your new business, don't! There are many companies online who are just waiting to give you your own toll free phone number. Many of them can be configured to ring on your land line, or transferred to your cell phone if you prefer. You can even set hours and times you want calls to transfer to your other phone number, all done seamlessly. Many of these types of services will also notify you by email when you have a message waiting in your box.
http://www.ureach.com The best one online in my opinion
11) Ability to Accept Credit Cards; No merchant account, no problem! Let's face it, if you want people to order from your site you need to make it easy for them to pay you and that means accepting online payments. Merchant accounts can be costly to set up, especially for a new Internet business. Good thing there are plenty of third party processors you can use who will take a small percentage of each sale in exchange for giving you this service:
http://www.ibill.com Takes a higher percentage of sales http://www.ccnow.com Must be a tangible product not a service http://www.propay.com Low rates, and your email address appears on customer's cc statement not processor. http://www.clickbank.com Rates aren't bad and allows you to take out of country payments.
Another easy way to accept online payment is PayPal http://www.paypal.com Free to register and cheap; an easy way to send or receive money.
So there you have it in a nutshell. Don't put off starting your online business one more day because you think you can't afford it. You can. By implementing these 11 suggestions into your new business, you'll have a site that not only makes sale, but doesn't cost you an arm and a leg to own.
Merle http://www.ezineadauction.com "Where the Best Deals in Ezine Advertising are Made" Subscribe to Ezine Ad Auction Authority and be kept up to date on new auctions as they're added and much more firstname.lastname@example.org For advertising information send mailto:email@example.com