Continued from page 1
6. Establish yourself as an expert in your field. One way to do this is to add a discussion board on your site and be a regular contributor. Another is to post articles weekly on your site related to your topic.
7. Make your presence known. Create your own ezine and offer valuable tips, articles and insights into topic your website specializes in. This gives people free valuable information, and will keep your business in their mind so when they need another product they will think of you.
8. Make sure you have prompt delivery of your products. People who make purchases do not want to wait long their items. If you are selling a digital product offer immediate download. If you are shipping an item get it in mail within a day or two. You can even offer different shipping methods- its all about customer service.
9. Make sure your site has contact information. Include a valid email address, and/ or a contact form, business address, and phone number on your site so if your customer has questions or concerns they can contact you. Make sure you respond back in a timely manner.
10. Include an about me page. Tell them about yourself and how you got into business. Include pictures. This humanizes you and makes potential customer feel more at ease in purchasing from you.
Remember strong credibility takes a long time to be developed. It can take seconds to destroyed. Be honest, personable and put customer first. By following these 10 ideas above you will beat out your competition and on your way to having a successful business.
Laurie Winslow is the owner/ webmaster of http://www.internetmoose.com , a website business dedicated to helping other online internet businesses succeed by offering free webmaster tools, articles, wholesale directories, ebooks and software.