Continued from page 1
In setting goals we need to allow for our future growth and development. If you want to grow, you've got to eat your "veggies" and use your potential to fullest.
Life is one long journey of self discovery. It is also a great opportunity for self improvement - to grow day by day, even though you might have occasional stumble. If you accept yourself and are happy just way you are, that's fine by me too.
"Plant right seed to get right plant" - anon
"Keep your mind on what you want and off what you don't want" - Napoleon Hill
"You will become as small as your controlling desires; as great as your dominant aspiration" - James Allen
Now that we've defined and set our goals, lets look at ACHIEVING them by getting and then staying FOCUSSED...
* HOW TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS:
There are a number of important factors that make people successful in achieving their personal goals... and I believe goalsetting is key ingredient to personal success. What else determines whether we will achieve our goals? I think following attributes are critical:
* A strong belief in oneself and one's ability to succeed
* Good self esteem
* Self confidence
* Self discipline
* A burning desire to achieve your pre-set goals
* A sound strategy with a great deal of thought given to PLANNING
* A desire to give something back to society and invest in people; ie. to make some contribution to your "little patch" of world. This leads into next one...
* Having worthy goals which benefit one self and others
* A winning focus and a positive attitude. This is very very very important.
* Consistancy and commitment
* The ability to avoid distractions, ie. ability to FOCUS
* Affirming oneself daily that you are of value to world
* An ability to take calculated risks. I've taken a few chances in my time (perhaps too many) ... maybe you have as well.
* An ability to learn from your mistakes and to overcome fear of making mistakes
* The ability to handle stress well (I'm not so "hot" on that one!).
* Taking frequent exercise - because a healthy body keeps mind healthy
* Taking time out for relaxation
* Self motivation, and most important of all,
* Personal integrity and a sense of ethics. Who says millionaires and other successful people lack integrity and rip off gullible people in street? I for one, definitely don't believe it. I think quite a few businessmen may be ruthless, but most of them have high moral codes of behaviour. But most importantly, they have "bucks" to improve people's lives in community...as long as they are not too stingy.
Remember, it is vital to live a balanced life. So look at your goals in all areas of your life: material, physical, career, psychological and most importantly, spiritual. I think it's terribly important to BELIEVE and have FAITH that things will work out in future for you. That BELIEF (either in yourself or in a Higher Being) will largely determine your attitude...how happy or unhappy your life will be.
Creative Writing Course http://www.nzenterprise.com/writer/creative.html http://www.novelty-gift.com For interactive computer and internet coaching on CD, click on: http://www.nzenterprise.com/4reel/ To get our Newsletter please Email: info@novelty-giftcom