Continued from page 1
• The most famous shopping street and lighting effects in China, Nanging Rd, is just a short walk from Bund.
• The famous Xintain Di district: - this area is social hub of Shanghai, very best in chic and style, expensive cars, fine wine, best restaurants, a very happening place.
• At southern end of another famous shopping street, Huai Hai Rd, is an area known as “French Concession”, where peaceful tree-lined streets with wonderful colonial-style villas would make you think you were actually in Europe.
• A must thing to see and do, is to visit viewing platform at top of Jin Mao Tower, third highest building on earth, tallest with an hotel inside (the Hyatt). This stunning building is 89 stories high and view of city from top is spectacular. A very special treat is to have a buffet dinner at Hyatt on 53rd level, then go up to bar on 89th floor and enjoy a drink and view, which at night will amaze you.
• Shop !!! There are Antique markets, Bird and Bug markets, Commodity markets, Clothes and Fabric markets, local markets and a very famous market where you can buy all world’s best brand names, at amazingly low prices. Shanghai is a shopper’s heaven, come with a small suitcase and leave with a big one.
If you come to Travel Shanghai China and have time, just outside city, one or two hours on a bus are some real treats. Would you like to see tranquil lakes?... beautiful Chinese gardens?... ancient villages?
Here are a few places that are very close to Shanghai which can often be overlooked when one comes to Shanghai. These cities, towns and villages are real deal and a must-see adventure.
Just an hour by local bus is Zhujiajiao, About two hours away by bus or train is Suzhou, as well as Hangzhou. As I grow this site, I will add places that are more interesting.
Enjoy Shanghai…I do!!
John Mckenna http://www.Travel-the-Real-China.com
Hi I'm John Mckenna, I am from New Zealand and have lived in Shanghia China now for 3 years.
I own and operate http://www.Travel-the-Real-China .com my site provides experienced based Travel and Tour information on the wonders of Travel in China, the Real China, Ancient China, China at its very best